The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mini Break

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am off the rest of this week. Husband and I the next five days to relax and recover from the holiday and all that end of year heinousness. We so need the break! Husband is enjoying one of his favorite movies and the Boy is snuggled on the couch with him.

This morning the Boy let us sleep until 9:30. That is huge for him, as he usually only lets us sleep in until 8 AM before he starts doing the "I have to go out, no fooling" dance. The Boy is quite happy to have his "pack" home and together. He received an excellent report card from the doggie hotel and the groomer did a wonderful job with his coat.

My apartment is messy, mainly because we have all the stuff we brought back from Hometown to unpack, as well as all the stuff from our own Christmas. That should not take too long. I would like to go here today to pick up some hemp lotion for Husband. I also need to look for a bag with wheels that will hold my laptop and my stuff for classes. Any suggestions on a nice briefcase-laptop bag on wheels?

I am looking forward to doing some reading during my week hiatus. (That reminds me, I need a new book light too.) I did receive some good books: this one, this one and this one, which I will probably read first because I might need my time off to recover from it.

This is going to be a nice mini vacation.

4 comments:

Psycgirl said...

Enjoy your mini break!! :)

Karen said...

Enjoy your break!!!!!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I have a wheeled bag I like -- but, I'm not sure of the brand. I got it at Office Max(or maybe Office Depot) -- it was in the Franklin Covey section.. so, maybe it was made by them ;). It's black leather with lots of brass studs and buckles..

The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a shoulder strap, so it's inconvenient to travel with -- but, on campus it's fine.

Psych Post Doc said...

My hubby uses the hemp hand cream too. He loves it, the only thing that works for him in the winter.

Subscribe