The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Wisdom

Posted by Seeking Solace |

After some great discussions with Husband, I am in a good place vis-e-vie my job. I wanted/needed to have someone hear me. Not that any of you out there have not provided great advice and support. In fact, you all have been simply wonderful. It's just that blogging is so one sided.

Husband helped me work through my anger and ethical confusion. We talked for a long time about how it wasn't that I was depressed or down on myself for what happened. I was just angry and pissed off at the unfairness of my circumstance. I have reconciled my feelings, and I think in time, I will be able to release my anger and confusion.

I have been searching for guidance and/or some sort of coping mechanism to help me through this time. I have found some wisdom in some of the little known philosophers and teachers of modern time.

In resolving my disgust with not having the job that I was supposed to have and accepting a different position, I found comfort in the words of a group of philosophers whose words seems appropriate for almost any situation.

"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones.

See, the Stones got it right. I didn't get the job that I wanted. But, I did get the job that I need...for now.

Enlightened by this discovery, I sought guidance on dealing with the anger that has consumed me for days. I looked to the great writers of our time. I found comfort in the words of the great writer and moralist, Bruce Springsteen

"Hell's brewin' dark sun's on the rise
This storm'll blow through by and by
House is on fire, Viper's in the grass
A little revenge and this too shall pass."
Lonesome Day from the Rising.

What the Boss is trying to say is that anger, revenge, vengeance will pass. So, I must give it time and my anger will pass.

Now elated, I searched for some way for me to deal with my feelings for the B. I don't believe in hating people, but I can feel the hatred. I needed some spiritual words of wisdom. I found such guidance in a little know version of the Bible, known as the Simpson's Bible. In the Book of Moe (the bartender) in letter to Homer, he says the following about his relationship with others.

"I am a well wisher in that I don't wish you any specific harm."

Wow. I can still have evil thoughts about the B, so long as I don't wish her any specific harm or misfortune. After all, what goes around...

So, there you have it. Who knew that there was such great widsom for some unlikely sources.

I am empowered.

1 comments:

RageyOne said...

those are excellent. quite appropriate too!

Subscribe