The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, November 20, 2009

Get On Your Boots

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I just received these boots via UPS today. Normally, I do not buy tall dress boots on line. I have to try then on because boot shopping is just a pain the butt. I have muscular calves, which means that more often than not, I can't zip the boot all the way. And forget the boots without a zipper. Someone would have to use the Jaws of Life to get my leg out! I end up leaving shoe stores and departments frustrated.

To my surprise and glee, the boots zipped up easily. There is some stretch in them, so I guess that's what made it work. They are quite comfortable and have a nice heel. They will be perfect for work.

One less wardrobe item I have to search for. Woohoo!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Excellent! So versatile, and what a bargain. Very classic, too, so if you are not too hard on your shoes, these may last you quite sometime. Remember, winters are not as fierce or as long where you are now.

(Not that I have any idea where you are now, but judging from what you called your last location and how late into the season you were at the pool in your new location, your winter will be much milder. So, not so hard on boots.)

In any case, great purchase!

Anonymous said...

Those are kick ass!

Psych Post Doc said...

Love them!

And I am so jealous! I spent hours in Macy's about a month ago trying on every brown boot they had and I could not get a single one to zip up. Even the extended calf ones, and mind you I have never had a problem before. I think the style this year is just a bit higher than what I've had in the past. :(

RageyOne said...

very nice, and i'm the same way about the calves. i generally have to get the wide calf version.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone!!!! Glad to see I am not the only one with the calf problem!!!

They are quite classic. And since I am no long in the tundra, they will last a long time. :)

Anonymous said...

Very classy!! Lucky find!

Albatross said...

Very nice! I have the calf problem and a height problem too. Knee-high boots hit just far enough below my knee to look odd. Those look very versatile and are making me think I need black boots =)

Breena Ronan said...

I have been wishing for some boots. Those are nice! Too bad I have wide feet and so don't have many choices when it comes to shoes. :( Boo-hoo!

Subscribe