The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Why did I deceide to stay at the Job?
1. They reallly wanted me to stay. I mean the Dean and the HMFIC stuck their necks out for me. They could have just fired me.
2. I will be teachig a mid semester course in ethics. That will start in two weeks.
3. I will have more classes in the winter term. Although it's not law, I can teach then and maybe put a kegal twist to it.
4. They are paying me to work on my researcv intersts in the meantime. The topic is very relevant to my work right now.
5. I don't have anything to fall back on right now. I will apply for the job at Dream Law School, but that does not start until next year. At least, I will have some additional experience. And of course, I will keep looking.

Otherwise, I am hanging on. Everyone is so supportive and friendly.

The "B" is trying, unsuccessfully, to engage me in junior high-like behavior by talking smack about my teaching while I was in earshot. Puh-lease....

I just use a little zen apathy and crank up angry music on my IPod.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Seriously? She's talking about your teaching? You're kidding, right? What could she possibly know about your teaching? You were in the classroom less than a week. Sounds like someone is seriously threatened. I don't know how you're going to do it, but hang in there.

MissDazey said...

I like your positive, clear thinking list. Good for you! What is the research you are doing now?

As for Miss B, I would suggest you could "kill her with kindness", but she doesn't seem the type to understand that concept. (What an unhappy, sad woman she must be)I can't handle that type anymore..been there, done that. Retirement has some advantages.

Seeking Solace said...

I use zen apathy. I just act like I don't give a rat's behind. It drives her nuts. (Insert evil laugh). Besides, if I react, she gets whar she wants. What she doesn't realize that I know how this game is played

As far as my research , I am working on teaching strategies for attorneys who teach adult learners.

TiredProf said...

Your reasons for staying make perfect sense--if B is the only downside (and you seem to be handling her antics well), then it sounds like a good situation, whether for the long term or just temporarily. Good for you!

Subscribe