The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, October 05, 2009

It's My First Day

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I survived my first day at my new job. There wasn't much going on, as the semester starts on Wednesday.

I spent most of the morning in New Student Orientation. I had a chance to meet the new paralegal students and chat with them. They are very egar to learn. I hope I don't scare them away with the amount of work they will be doing in my classes.

The rest of the day was spent working on syllabi and meeting other faculty. Everyone seems very friendly and willing to help. The Dean is really laid back and supportive of the faculty. That makes a huge difference.

Tomorrow will be another work on class prep day. The Dean told the faculty that we should work on whatever needs to get done and then go home. We will need the rest to deal with Wednesday and Thursday.

I can so deal with that!

Nothing new on the drama front. I am told that things should be settled by the end of the week. I am cautiously optimistic as some of what is going on is the hands of others.

Finally, thank you to everyone who left comments, sent emails, tweeted and messaged me on Facebook. You made my day!

5 comments:

nemo said...

I'm glad you had such a rewarding first day! It all sounds like a great fit. :)

Anonymous said...

That first week can be nerve-wracking and exciting all at once. So glad to hear the first day went well! Get some rest and hope the next few days go as well as this one!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a really great 1st day. And it's wonderful that someone seems to have the drama under control. Thrilled that it all worked out for you!

comebacknikki said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a great first day! :)

Karen said...

Here's to an even better day 2!!!!!!!!

Subscribe