The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, October 02, 2009

Drama

Posted by Seeking Solace |

There is some serious drama going on with respect to my new job. What sucks is that I can't talk about it. Can't blog specifics either. All I can say is that the person whom I am replacing will not go gently into that good night.

Will this affect my starting on Monday? The Dean called me to assure me that it will not. But, to be on the safe side, I have to play dumb for a couple of days. No problem. I will treat this situation like an IRS audit. Say very little and offer little information.

Nothing like a little drama to start the work week...and a new job.

4 comments:

TiredProf said...

Drama is no fun (especially in academia where, as someone noted long ago, the fights are so nasty because there's so little at stake). Hang in there--sending positive thoughts your way.

nemo said...

Well, that's no fun. I second the - hang in there. Feel free to eme if you want to talk.

Scrivener said...

Ugh! Sorry for the drama.

Anonymous said...

Drama sucks! Hope it all works out soon so you can get on with the new job. Keep us updated! Sending you good thoughts!!

Subscribe