The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, July 06, 2009

Sweet Sorrow

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband moved to Lake Effect Snow Central in 1990 to start his first job. I followed in 1991 to start graduate school. We had a crappy apartment, but it served us well. We didn't have family and we didn't know a single person. Over time, we found a house that we made into a home. We met some wonderful people who will remain life long friends. These folks have been there for us in good times and bad. They are, as Husband says, "Good folk". We have endured weather that only the heartiest of souls could handle. (When you have dealt with 7 feet of snow in 4 days or had a major snowstorm in October that caused entire tress to crack and crash into your house and have no power for a week, complain to me.) And, we have endured the "sports curse" that has plagued the area.

I am a little sad to leave. I will miss my little house. I will miss all my wonderful friends. I will miss things like a certain coffee shop chain, close proximity to Canada and Canadian radio (Thankfully, there is the Internet). I won't miss the cold winters and high taxes!!!

Lake Effect Snow Central has been good to me and Husband. Parting is sweet sorrow.
______________________

This is it. Tonight, we will disconnect the WIFI and cable modem. The driver just called to confirm our appointment for 8 AM tomorrow. The Boy is going to daycare while Husband and I watch our possession go on the truck. Then, we have to clean the house. We plan to camp out in our house (we got a air mattress). We will leave Lake Effect Snow Central for good on Wednesday.

So, you won't hear from me for a couple of days. I will try to check in from the road, as our hotel has free WIFI.

Until then...

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Safe trip, and good luck!

New Kid on the Hallway said...

I hope everything goes smoothly!!!

BrightStar (B*) said...

best wishes! save travels! thinking of you and your spouse and the boy.

TiredProf said...

Take care and have a safe trip!

Abbey said...

Happy travels!

GML said...

We will miss you and hubby and the boy! It won't be the same without you.
Have a safe trip!

RageyOne said...

All the best with your travels to new state.

Anonymous said...

All the best for a safe trip!!

rented life said...

You witch, I got all choked up reading this, and I don't do that. I laughed at the sports curse (can you take it with you? We need to win the Stanley Cup) and the weather. You'll be missed, as you know. Safe travels, hope to hear from you and the husband soon.

on behalf of my husband "WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO my name is Johnny Cash."

Subscribe