The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm Here..Sort Of

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Well, I am sitting on the floor in my apartment in Yankee Transplant. Why am I sitting on the floor?

Because I have no f***ing furniture!

The SOB's at the moving company said on Tuesday that they would not be able to deliver our stuff until July 14th. Of course, that's not what we were told on the phone...

GAH!!!!

It's not all bad. Husband bought an air mattress on Tuesday, which we used to camp out in our house. Wednesday and Thursday were spent in hotels. Yesterday, we "moved into" our apartment. Thankfully, we packed a weeks worth of clothing and necessities. I also packed things like towels and other house stuff. I am organized like that. We have food and I also made a Target run to get some other things. Husband is out getting a couple of chairs that we can use to sit on, which we can use on the deck when our stuff comes.

And the Boy? Well, he is doing fine. He survived the two day car ride. He was rather mellow and slept most of the trip. He loved staying in the hotels, as there was a king sized bed. (Ours is a queen). He is starting to adjust to his new home. There are two dogs in our building, so he will have some new doggie friends. And, the ladies in the management office keep treats there for the dogs. He sucked up to them right away.

So, it's going to be a little crazy and hectic, especially when the stuff arrives. But, I think we will be fine.

Oh, and one last thing. Today is my and Husband's 17th wedding anniversary. The greatest gift was given to me by Husband...moving to a place where I will hopefully be well.

What more could a gal ask for?

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Could be worse, think of it as an adventure. :) Plus, since you don't have to deal with all of the unpacking and putting away yet, you've got extra time to explore your new city. I love the first few days of moving to a new place.

And, of course, it's much easier when you are at least a little prepared, as you were. Good job, and good luck!

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Karen said...

I had to wait 2 week with NOTHING before my furniture finally surfaced so I definitely feel your pain! Glad you all arrived safely. I'm glad the Boy will have friends.

Enjoy your adventure!

RageyOne said...

So glad you all made it there safely.

That is crazy about the furniture, but in due time.

Happy Anniversary!

BrightStar (B*) said...

Happy anniversary!

I am so hopeful for you that this move is going to be a positive change in your life.

MissDazey said...

Happy 17th Anniversary!! Be Happy for another 17 years plus.

Glad things went as smooth on your trip as they did.

Psycgirl said...

Glad you arrived safely! Happy Anniversary :)

Abbey said...

Happy anniversary! The whole roughing it in a new town in a new place with no furniture could sound a bit romantic though.

Sucks about the furniture - but with the stories I've heard about cross country movers...not too bad so far.

AliceAcademic said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you all the best in your new home.

rented life said...

Happy anniversary, glad you made it there safe! Love to husband and the boy.

Prisca said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had safe travels and I'll hope the furniture arrives ASAP. Hope the weather is suiting you so far.

Subscribe