The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, July 24, 2009

Rising From the Depths

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I spent the last two days in pure hell. And it's all due to the job hunt.

I found two positions, one on line teaching and one in administration. Both required me to submit documents online. No problem. Some documents had to be scanned and sent. Again, no problem...right?

Wrong!!!

Every time I would try to send a zip file, I would get this message saying that the recipient's server could not accept the zip file because it was too big. Hello...the purpose of a zip file is to compress a big file. And the zip file was not that big, less than 10 MBs.

Another job had one of those "upload your documents" deals. Well, when I tried to upload a PDF, which is what they wanted, the system would kick me out.

I though technology was supposed to make our lives easier. Yeah right.

The whole situation put in a bad mood. Add that I was hormonal, you what you have is a hot, evil, depressed mess. I mean, I was crying one minute and then raging the next. Yesterday ended with a massive headache and two Tylenol PM.

Today, I am feeling a little better. Husband tried to compress the files even more, but we are just chalking it up to problems with the other side’s server. One of the jobs is going to let me fax my documents. Thankfully, I have a fax machine from my law practice. As for the other job, I am just going to let it go. There is no one I can contact, and I am not sure if it is worth the hassle.

Oh, how I long for the days when one sent a paper copy of a cover letter and resume. And if someone wanted your transcripts, you sent an unofficial to the employer. It was simple and less of a headache.

So, I am crawling out of the depths of my own personal hell. Today’s a brand new day.

But, have I ever mentioned how much job hunting sucks?

1 comments:

AliceAcademic said...

Sorry you had such a bad day. Good luck with the rest of your applications.

Subscribe