The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Good Advice?

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Last night at our hotel, the halfway point of our trip, Husband went out to get some food for dinner. He stopped at a grocery store to pick up some beer. He was standing in line with two 20 oz. Budweisers when a lady approached him.

Woman: You shouldn't be drinking that stuff, son. You need to get high on the Lord!

To his credit, Husband just smiled. If I were there, I'd probably start laughing.

I wonder if the Lord has good stuff....

8 comments:

RageyOne said...

Interesting...I probably would have made a strange face and not given a response as well.

Brigindo said...

Welcome to the South

rented life said...

Ah, why I won't leave the North. Wonder if she'd say the same to wine? Jesus drank wine. For the record, my word verification is "wasted" :)

Anonymous said...

I once heard a funny story about a seminarian who came home for christmas to see his grandmother. She saw him getting a six pack of beer out of his truck and she scolded him. Is that what they're teaching you in that seminary? No, grandma. But you know, Jesus did drink wine. Grandma's reply: And I think the less of him for it!

Ah yes, the south.

rented life said...

Lol at Anastasia. Jesus was supposed to be perfect but Gram thinks less of him!! too much!

native southerner said...

I assure you that not everyone down here is like that, and there are obnoxious religious freaks like that in the North as well, y'all.

Psych Post Doc said...

I would have laughed as well.

Albatross said...

I like my Lord with lime and salt...

Subscribe