The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, January 05, 2009

Up And At'em

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband went back to work today. I am at home with the Boy for the foreseeable future. I am not going back to my position at Private College.

The last time I was off from work for a significant time was two years ago when I lost my job. I went absolutely bat shit crazy being couped up in the house during the cold and crappy weather that is Lake Effect Snow Central in January. At least in the summer, I can hang out outside. But with the relocation plans, I am not at a loss of things to occupy my time.

What's weird is that I am OK with not working right now. I don't have to stress about finishing syllabi or whether my class is going to run. What I will miss is the interaction with the students and the whole creative part of being an academic.

Instead, I am filling my days with small remodeling projects, organizing and reading. Yesterday, I downsized our Christmas decorations and organized them. I even have labels on the Rubbermaid storage containers! This week I need to close out the 2008 documents and organize the documents needed for tax time. Since I am the one who does the taxes, this will make my life easier.

I bought this book to help with the whole house selling process. Thankfully, the economic crisis did not hit Lake Effect Snow Central. Homes prices are pretty decent, it's just the taxes that suck the life out of people. But, things have slowed down a bit. A house that was on the market since September finally sold after Christmas.

Don't worry, it's not all work and no play. I have made a conscious effort to carve out some "me time" too. I am taking a Pilates class that starts this week. I have lots of books to read for pleasure. Oh, and plenty of LUSH products!!!!!

5 comments:

rented life said...

I'm not going to lie, I'm jealous of your plans.

BrightStar (B*) said...

You sound so motivated!

Kendra Leonard said...

Relax and enjoy! Boost your immune system, get lots of sleep, read and watch things you've always wanted to, play with the boy....enjoy it! I am wishing you tons of happiness, good health, and a good relocation in 2009.

K

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Remind me of this post when I start complaining about boredom!!!!!

Psych Post Doc said...

I hadn't realized you weren't going back but it really does sound like the best option for you. I hope it leads to tons of good things for you.

Subscribe