The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ice

Posted by Seeking Solace |

We got a skating rink at my house. There was some freezing rain last night which makes things a little slippy. I was supposed to start my Palates class today, but with the icy conditions, I think I will work out from home today. I am afraid of falling. When I went to water aerobics on Monday night, my instructor was saying how someone had fallen in the parking lot and required an ambulance. That just reiterated my fear.

Good grief, do I sound like one of those "Life Alert" spokespeople?

6 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I'm always afraid of falling too!

Seeking Solace said...

I am so glad I am not the only one!!!

rented life said...

I've seen some pretty nasty bruises on family members who have fallen on ice. I walk so slow that I might never get where I am going. I'm more scared to drive than walk.

Seeking Solace said...

I dislocated my shoulder many years ago from falling on campus when I was an undergrad. It never healed correctly and I have problems with it to this day!

RageyOne said...

I don't blame you for staying in. Falling would not be a good thing!

Psych Post Doc said...

I'm so clumbsy that I never walk on snow/ice when I can avoid it. It's one of the reasons I work from home whenever the weather is bad here.

Subscribe