The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Operation Relocation

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Today began what I will be calling "Operation Relocation". As many of you know, Husband, the Boy and I are leaving Lake Effect Snow Central for warmer climate and better opportunity. As some of you know all too well, the whole relocation process, particularly selling a house is a huge PITA. So, I will be blogging the good, the bad and the ugly as the months roll by.

Today, Husband and I started working on the second bedroom. This room is used as the guest room, when it's clean. Otherwise, it's the catch all room for all the crap that we want to get rid of. I cleaned out the closet and got all the stuff ready for donation. Husband broke out the steamer and got rid of the ugly wallpaper. There is a lot of wall repair to do before we can paint that room.

While Husband was steaming wallpaper, I was going through my jewelry to see what I can donate. Every year, my mom buys me a very nice piece of jewery. I also have some beautiful pieces that Husband has given my over the years. But, I didn't have a nice jewelry box to storage everything for easy access. So for Christmas, Husband gave me a gorgeous mahogany jewelry box that has the hooks for necklaces. I can now access all my pieces and have some old costume jewelry to give away.

The one thing that kept running through my mind is that we have a lot of junk! I thought we were good about getting rid of things; I clean out my closet three times a year. But I guess with 16 years of living in the same house, you don't realize how much stuff you actually have!

This is going to take a while!

3 comments:

Brigindo said...

Wow I didn't realize you've been there for 16 years. That makes it an even bigger relocation. I think the longest I've ever lived in one home is 7 years.

Personally I love the purging of stuff but the preparing a house for market not so much.

Good luck.

Abbey said...

Wow. 16 years. I think I started reading when you were redoing a bathroom. Maybe the same second you're refering to here?

Seeking Solace said...

It' hard to believe we have lived in the house this long.

We have spent a significant amount of time remodeling becuase I have a old house with a lot of 1970's decor. Plus, the previous owner did not use their whole ass in remodeling.

We always strived to make the house suitable if we ever had to move.

Subscribe