The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, November 03, 2008

NaBloPoMo Post #3: My Listy

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am a list maker. I make lists for just about everything form food shopping to household chores to work related stuff. Husband and I even have a notebook of list related to our relocation plans.

It sounds a little anal, but I am sort of a control freak when it comes to the things that I do. I have to be organized and know exactly what I need to do. I get extreme anxious if I don't have a plan or feel overwhelm over what project I need to tackle first. Even if I have a long list of stuff, I always feel better knowing that once I cross off something, I am a little closer to my goal. I feel empowered.

I am so behind after missing a week of classes. I have grading that must be completed for all of my classes. I have to complete the talking points sheets on the book that I assigned for my CT class. There is an exam coming up for my law class.That is in addition to all the stuff that I hadn't completed before the latest flare. When I think about all that work, I start feeling panicky and frustrated because I don't know where to start. When I get like this, I just want to avoid it altogheter.

Enter My Listy on I-Google. This little gem has helped me stay focused with work and my job search. I have a list for each of my classes, job search and work related crapola. I can set a priority scale and post deadlines within the task. I spend yesterday reviewing what needed to be completed, one class, one section at a time. In the end, I have a long list of chaos, but it's controlled chaos.

And that's empowering.

2 comments:

RageyOne said...

I'm a listmaker also! I think the best part is crossing something off. That is so satisfying to me.

Brigindo said...

I'm also a big list maker...well I'm big on making lists and lately they have all been big lists.

I've tried making electronic lists in a variety of platforms but always end up with a simple pad of paper. Seems more real somehow. However I will not check out My Listy.

Subscribe