The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good Stuff Continues

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband was able to get the tickets for the Who. Now, as long as it doesn't snow, we will be in good shape. The concert is in October, but let me tell you, it has been known to snow...hard...in October in my neck of the woods!

I received my first rejection letter for a position out of state. I am not losing sleep over it. It was not in one of the top places that Husband and I would want to relocate. They sent the rejection via email. Um, is that a new thing?? Seems kind of impersonal to me.

I am trying to keep my anxiety in check about the positions I am excited about. No news is good news, but I have to remember that it is a process and it is nothing personal. Today, I am working on a cover letter for a position at a law school. Most of the positions that I have applied are for legal studies or business law because that is pretty much what I teach. This is a huge step up, so I want to tailor my cover letter to highlight on my experience as an attorney, becuase in addition to teaching first year courses, this position is looking for someone to teach in a practice area that was one of my focus areas as an attorney.

Also, I am steadily working on the Cape May list. Tonight, Husband and I will do a little shopping for him as he needs a new swim suit. I did some pre-shopping for him yesterday, so I know where to take him since Husband does not like to shop.

I did pick up a couple of tops at ATL as they are running a "buy one, get one 50% off." Not a bad deal considering the tops were under $20.00! So many places have Fall stuff out already. Egad, I just can't think about Fall!

I would love to work outside today, but it is still rather muggy even though the temperature has dropped. No fun when you feel like something is crushing on your chest!

6 comments:

Weezy said...

Bummer on the letters-- and double bummer that I am going to miss you at the shore again. I'll be in Wildwood, but with two kids in tow. :(

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Sorry about the rejection. A lot of them are sent by email now - I've gotten many!

Seeking Solace said...

I will be there the week of Aug. 2nd. Is that the same week as you?

Weezy said...

yup, same week!

Seeking Solace said...

Bummer!!!

Weezy said...

yeah, I just think it would be cruel and unusual punishment to leave GF with the two boys by herself...y

Subscribe