The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Downside To Being 40

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Today was the "annual" exam. Although my doc is very nice, warms up the "equipment" and does everything she can to make me as comfortable as possible, it is still not a pleasant experience. Today, there was an added bit of unpleasantness. The...uh...rectal exam.

The annual is bad enough, but the added exam just has me out of sorts right now. Husband and I went out to lunch, but I think I need a drink and a nap right now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a rectal before I ever had a pelvic exam. I had ovarian cysts at age 17 and since I was so young and had never had sex (took some work for me to convince them this was the case) the doctor decided the rectal exam would be less unpleasant (!!!!) and not as invasive (!!!!).

Have a drink. Then a nap. And my sympathy.

Anonymous said...

wait, i was 19. Yeah. It really took some doing to convince them that a healthy, outgoing 19 year old had never had sex. but I hadn't.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! You have my sympathies. I've had the rectal exam before because apparently my uterus tips backwards and for some doctors they find it easier to examine via the backdoor. Bleh! So unpleasant!

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks to the both of you!

I just feel so out of sorts right now.

Katherine said...

Yeah, I found that an unwelcomed addition to being 40. Very unpleasant. And, then there's the mammogram!

Happy 40th!

comebacknikki said...

Ugh. I had one back in 2001... actually, I had THREE in a matter of a week. Ick!

I think you definitely deserve more than one drink!

M said...

God, I hope I don't have to do that this time. My first rectal exam was a surprise when I was 22 and we were on base.

Subscribe