The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moving On

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks everyone for your comments regarding yesterday's unpleasantness. I am doing much better, after a few glasses of good Chardonnay!

I sent a CV for a job at a neighboring college. I really love teaching where I am now, but it is only an adjunct gig. I am bouncing between three different departments right now with no indication of anything becoming permanent. The job at the other place is an Assistant Professor rank for one year, but it does not indicate if it is renewable or not.

That part bothers me. If it is not renewable, then I will pass. It seems to me that the only difference between that and adjudicating is rank and pick of classes. I can do where I am currently teaching. Also, I am worried that the JD/PhD thing could be a problem. The department does not state that a JD need not apply. So, if they don't specifically say so, I am safe...right?

At any rate, my approach to applying for this job is send it and forget about it...until I get a call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and looking into other job options! I am drowning my sorrows in a glass of Italian Pinot Grigio (less than $10 at Trader Joe's!) Sorry I haven't been a good commenter lately- I am still trying to keep up with what you're up to.

Psych Post Doc said...

Send it and forget about it is always the perfect job seeking strategy.

Good luck, I hope something great comes through for you.

Mad Hatter said...

Good luck!!!

Subscribe