The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My First Concert

Posted by Seeking Solace |

As seen at Arbitrista's .



My first concert was Peaches and Herb! I was 10 years old. My parents took me to see them at the university in our hometown in 1978! I remember dancing in the aisle to "Shake Your Groove Thing." Ah, the disco era.

My first "real" concert was the Thompson Twins in 1985. OMD opened for them.

My friend and I had seats in the nose-bleed section. After OMD, we walked around the arena talking to other people we knew from school. The lights started to dim to signal that the Twins were starting their portion of the show. It was pretty dark and we were having trouble finding our seats. We found two seats on the first level off the floor. The people there said we could stay, because the people who were sitting there only wanted to see OMD. So we had awesome seats for the rest of the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMD like that song from pretty in pink OMD?

Seeking Solace said...

Yep. That OMD.

Subscribe