The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Morning Murmurs

Posted by Seeking Solace |

~Yesterday, I planted six broccoli plants. We already have onions, scallions, garlic, spinach and radishes growing. We have tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, basil, parsley and dill in containers. They will go in the ground Memorial Day weekend. I think this is the biggest garden Husband and I have planted.

~I stopped by work yesterday to pick up some books that I ordered for the Business Law course. One is absolutely huge. I think I would need a cart to transport it back and forth to class. The sales-rep told me that I could customize the book to suit my needs. Have any of you done that?

~It really bugs me how ridiculously huge these law books are. Sure, when I was in law school, I had phone book size books, but that was law school. These are undergrads. Although the course is a two part course, the second part is only offered every other year (One of my pet peeves of the department. The stuff that would be covered in the second half of the course is just as necessary as the first.) So, why should students or faculty risk back injury for a textbook? Maybe I should consider writing a textbook that contains the necessary content but does not carry a warning label about possible injury.

~Husband is going on his annual camping and fishing trip with his brothers this weekend in Home State. It's great that he gets to spend time with his brothers who he doesn't get to see that often, since his brother live in Home State.

~ That means it will be just me and the Boy. Husband would like to take the Boy, but he thinks he would spend more time chasing the Boy out of trouble than fishing. Knowing the Boy, he would chase a rabbit or squirrel, only to come running back to Husband with a bear in tow!

~I am so sore from my workout. I am using the elliptical instead of the treadmill because the ankle is still tender. I was so tired that I missed SVU last night. Thank God for DVR.

~I so need to get a pedicure, but I have a slight problem. Two of my toenails cracked and I had to cut them very short. It is kind of painful. But, how did I get two cracked toenails? I use lotion, especially at night. I keep them trimmed. WTF?

OK, I need to get moving. I am going on a road trip to Distant City with a certain blogger.

2 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I've done a custom textbook for my logic class. It was kind of a pain to get going, but now I can re-order the same book without a problem (so far...). They'll only take out full chapters, and my publisher didn't re-name the chapters -- so the book goes from chapter 1 to chapter 3 etc... Also, the quality of the book itself wasn't great, but it worked and was less expensive.

DancingFish said...

Your garden sounds great! We have very little space but have done well with peppers, tomatoes (the squirrels get them all though), and basil. And 1 eggplant once. I would love garlic and broccoli!

Subscribe