The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Morning Murmurs

Posted by Seeking Solace |

~After summer like temps, I think the cool down is on it's way. It's kind of chilly this morning. The weather dude says that temps will be in the high 30's to low 40's this week. Sucks for GML, who spent last week in the Caribbean.

~I had a coupon for 30% off at DSW. I got these and a pair of black ballet flats. I wonder if shoes are getting bigger or my feet shrunk because I had to go down half a size.

~My allergies are starting to settle down. Between my sinuses, allergies and the ankle injury, I spent all of April incapacitated in some way. Husband is still battling the allergies. Poor guy.

~This is the last week of lecture (WOOHOO!) I don't have much planned, since I don't do final exams. So, this week, students will be submitting final papers and projects.

~I am working on a financial responsibility lecture for my CT students. I have some great stuff, including some information from one of the Bankruptcy Court judges who started a program to teach financial responsibility to high school and college kids in the community. I might look into volunteering to be a presenter in his program.

~I booked my trip to the conference in Berkley this summer. Cost of conference: $480. Cost of hotel: $500. Cost of airfare: $650. My college is only gong to cough up $500. That's the standard for adjuncts. Oh well, I can deduct the rest on my taxes.

~House is back on tomorrow. Yippee!!

2 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

You'll have to let me know if the conference is worthwhile... I've been thinking about going to it for several years, but I don't want to spend all of my PD budget for it.... Plus, the timing is weird and I wouldn't get any money back until October...

And... YEA for new episodes of House!

Seeking Solace said...

It would have been so cool if you were there! But, I will let you know how it goes.

Subscribe