The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Play It Again

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Anastasia is playing this one again. So will I!

Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.

1. Under the ruins of a walled city. (Fortress Around Your Heart by Sting)
2. Sit down on the corner just a little climb. (St. Theresa by Joan Osborne)
3. I'm on my way, I'm making it. (Big Time by Peter Gabriel)
4. So, do you think you can tell heaven from hell? (Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd)
5. A friend of mine cries at night. (Nick of Time by Bonnie Raitt)
6. I get up and nothing gets me down. (Jump by Van Halen)
7. Watching girls that are passing by. (Waiting on a Friend by the Rolling Stones)
8. I wonder how you're feeling, there's ringing in my ears. (Show Me the Way by Peter Frampton)
9. I'd gladly lose me to find you. (Bargain by the Who)
10. One foot on the brake and one on the gas. (I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar)
11. Doctors have come from distant cities just to see me.(Wonder by Natalie Merchant)
12. There must some kind of way out of here. (All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix)
13. She hangs around the boulevard. (LA Song by Beth Hart)
14. Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom. (Dreams by Fleetwood Mac)
15. Cold late night so long ago. (Magic Man by Heart)
16. His palms are sweaty, knees are weak. (Lose Yourself by Eminem)
17. It's the perfect time of year. (Pinch Me by Barenaked Ladies)
18. I read the news today. (A Day in the Life by the Beatles)
19. Heaven bend to take my hand and lead me through the fire. (Fallen by Sarah McLachlan)
20, We all came out to Montreux. (Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple)
21. They do it down on camber sands. (Pulling Mussels from a Shell by Squeeze)
22. Baby, you come knockin' on my front door. (Stop Dragging My Heart Around by Stevie Nicks with Tom Petty)
23. Coming to you on a dusty road. (Soul Man by Sam and Dave)
24. When I think back to all the crap I learned in high school. (Kodachrome by Paul Simon)
25. Load up on guns. (Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana)

8 comments:

DancingFish said...

I can't get enough of this one!
#4. Wish you were here by Pink Floyd
#12. All along the watchtower by Jimi Hendrix (or a cover?)
#17. Pinch me by Bareneaked Ladies
#18 A day in the life by The Beatles
#24 Kodachrome by Paul Simon

Seeking Solace said...

All correct!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this meme. I might have to do it again, too.

And I love that I know your songs. :)

#1, I know the artist, can't think of the song...
#4, 12, 18, and 24 I knew but they're already guessed (though "all along the watchtower" is originally a Dylan song--but the "some kind of way" (instead of just "some way") I think marks it as Hendrix)

#6, Jump, Van Halen
#7, Waiting on a Friend, the Rolling Stones
#8 I think is Peter Frampton, Show me the Way
#9 is the Who, Bargain
#22 is Stop Draggin' my heart around, Stevie Nicks (& Tom Petty?)

Okay--I actually think I know more, but I want to leave some for the others. So far, I think you have the most compatible music taste with me of any of my blogfriends. :)

Anonymous said...

everyone! do it! again!

#3 is driving me crazy.

#11 is wonder by natalie merchant
#13 is LA Song by Beth Hart
#25 is smells like teen spirit by nirvana

Seeking Solace said...

You all are too good. I didn't think anyone would get Beth Hart.

comebacknikki said...

19. Fallen - Sarah McLachlan

Anonymous said...

Oooh, #14 is Fleetwood Mac - Thunder Only Happens When Its Raining?? I have to confess that I have no idea what the title is but I can sing almost all the lyrics! Drat!

(Seriously, this is like the first one of the songs I've known on ANY of these meme posts!)

Anonymous said...

21. pulling mussels from the shell-squeeze

Subscribe