The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, March 09, 2008

In The Minority

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Unlike many of you out there, I actually look forward to daylight saving time. It is so dark and dreary here that the extra hour of light is welcomed. When I think of have extra daylight in the summer, is just makes me so happy. Sure, it's dark when you get up, but having darkness at say 4:30 in the afternoon just sucks. I like the fact that I can leave work while there is still some daylight.

Yeah, I know I'm crazy, but what else is new?

9 comments:

Weezy said...

We love ya anyway!

Anonymous said...

Very true but I really do not like the fact that it is so early this year. I really do not need that extra hour of daylight when it is 15 degrees and there is a foot of snow.

Psycgirl said...

It's like I have jetlag! Even though I lost an hour, I feel several hours off. For example, its almost 4pm, but my internal clock says... meeeehhhhh.... 1pm.
I hate daylight savings time! I end up with a week of insomnia every Spring :(

Seeking Solace said...

Weezy: Welcome back!

GML: Only a foot? We have 20 inches!!! (I know you have more than I do!)

Psycgirl: I am sure I will be bitching up a storm tomorrow when the alarm goes off at 6 AM!

Ianqui said...

I love it too. It's 6pm and still totally sunny out! I'd rather have it in the afternoon than at 7 in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, ok I was being glass half full. We have two and a half feet of snow!
Nothing we can't handle though, right?

Addy N. said...

Well, you know where I live (and how far it is from you), but we're in the same time zone. This early switch means I'm back to going to work in the dark, after finally getting to leave the house with some daylight. It also means I have to teach at 7:00 tomorrow and pretend that it's really 8:00! I'm sure my students will look wonderful... I'm glad you're enjoying, though.

Addy N. said...

Oh yeah- and I have send D to bed early and wake her an hour earlier tomorrow- so not cool.

EcoGeoFemme said...

I like it, too. :)

Subscribe