The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Morning Murmurs

Posted by Seeking Solace |

This is the last week before Spring Break. It will be a short week for me becuase I cancelled my Friday morning class. It is my only class and for some of my students, it is their only class too. I just have this feeling that attendance will be light, so I might as well just let them go.

Besides, I could use the time to get ready for my trip. We leave on Sunday. YIPPIE!!!!!

I had a nice conversation this morning with one of my students. I started a blog for my classes as a means to communicate about assignments and other stuff. I also do a weekly piece about an issue that I think students should be aware. Students can comment and discuss. The latest was a discussion about the impact of the sub prime mortgage crisis on financial aid. This student not only liked my piece, but he thought it was great that I write about stuff that is of interest to students. Cool!

I don't understand why the schools in the city are still closed. It's not that bad out. The streets are not perfectly plowed, but they are passable.

I need to get cracking on my midterm grades and this project for the CT course.

Sigh.

0 comments:

Subscribe