The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What's Gong On?

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I was able to get some sleep last night, despite the wicked wind storm shaking my house. I was worried that the tree in front was going to fall on my house. Husband and I have bitched about the town removing it, but since it is not "dead", they won't do anything. I guess I will have to wait until it crashes into my house or my neighbor's car.

I worked on my CT syllabus today. Just fixing it a little. I spent most of my time reworking the calendar. There is this book that students are required to read and I absolutely hate it. So do the students. I trying to fit it in the schedule and make it as painless as possible. I really want to get working on my two writting courses.

My birthday is Friday. I scheduled a spa day for myself as a gift to myself. I am getting a massage, facial, manicure, and pedi!!! Sweet!!!! Husband bought me a new Ipod for my birthday. I haven't taken the old one to the Apple geeks, but I will at some point. I just hate going all the way to Big Ass Mall. But if they can fix it, I will give it to Husband.

Speaking of Big Ass Mall, I learned that the Body Shop at the mall near my house is closing, which means the only Body Shop in Lake Effect Snow Central is at Big Ass Mall. That's just great. I guess I will be ordering my favorite stuff. I should go to my old one before January 21st to stock up on goodies.

Husband and I decided to finally get with the program and signed up for DVR. Yes, we were still using VCR tapes (I have a VCR/DVD player.) It will be nice since I have to go to bed earlier and all my favorite shows are on late.

Well, time to make some dinner. Then, Husband and I are off to the Y for our swim.

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Happy birthday tomorrow! That sounds like a great present to yourself!

Will the Body Shop near your house have a going out of business sale?

I think you will really like your DVR. My DVR changed my life!

Seeking Solace said...

B*: Sadly no. Since they are already having their big 75% off sale, they didn't want to add anything else. And, I would not have known about the closing but for one of the clerks telling me.

Subscribe