The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Step Away From the Elliptical Machine

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Instead of sitting on our butts in front of the TV last night, Husband and I decided to go to the Y to work out. We figured Friday night would be less crowded in the gym. And it was. There were only five people there.

I finished my workout a few minutes before Husband. We were the only people left in the fitness area. As I was walking around and stretching, I walked by the elliptical machines. All of the sudden, one of the ellipticals started making loud cranking noises.

There was NO ONE on the machine. In fact, no one had been on the machine for about 15 minutes.

I started backing away slowly. Husband was cracking up on the treadmill saying in a very deep, evil, sadistic voice "GET OUT!!!"

I started laughing.

But, I think the damn thing was possessed.

Cross posted on the Active Academic

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Some would take that as a sign to NOT work out! LOL

Nels P. Highberg said...

That happens in my gym all the time. They lower themselves after a set amount of time.

And I saw your comment on my blog about Active Academic. Yep, I know about it and subscribe to the feed, so I'm in the loop!

Subscribe