The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, December 24, 2007

So This Is Christmas...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband and I are spending Christmas in Lake Effect Snow Central, since Husband used up all of his vacation time on his plague. I am relieved that we are not traveling to Redneck Hometown this year. It's always a hassle. The weather is always a factor. I mean yesterday was crazy. It started off at 51 degrees with rain and wind gusts up to 50 MPH. Then, it switched over to snow and the temperature is about 16 degrees now with blowing winds and more snow on the way. With all that heinousness, it's just better that we stay put. Also, I am not in the mood to deal with the family drama that surrounds most visits. By the end of the visit, I end up returning home stressed out and resentful.

We will be spending Christmas Eve with GML, her husband and the pups. That will be fun. Let the alcohol flow! Christmas Day will be spent at home, relaxing and enjoying the day...just me, Husband and the Boy. No stress, no resentment. Just spending time with the two most important beings in my life is the best gift I could ask for.

So from The Boy, Husband and me, have a Merry Christmas or Happy Whatever It Is You Celebrate. Cheers to all!!!!

9 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I love holidays at home with Hubby and the cats. There is nothing better than spending the whole day in PJs... no fuss, no hype... Since we live next door to a huge movie theater, we may go see a movie this year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas! xxx

Prisca said...

Sounds like an excellent plan. Enjoy each other and just BE! Merry Christmas!

RageyOne said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds very nice. I will be going to a community dinner at a local church. I am really looking forward to a good meal and good company.

Merry Christmas and thanks for the support with my Christmas tree project. :)

Joy

rented life said...

Happy Christmas!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

Back at ya! And the Disreputable Dog sends his greetings to Boy.

Karen said...

Happy Holidays (a tad late!) to you, hubs and the Boy!

Subscribe