The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

As seen at Comebacknikki's:

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate with a little Baileys!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
Wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, I am afraid the Boy would try to eat it!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
It depends. Usually around the first week of December, but this year it was this past Wednesday for the decorations. We are decorating the tree tonight.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Mashed or smashed potatoes and stuffing.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
My parents always tell the story of how when I was three and my brother was two, we woke up early Christmas morning. But instead of playing with all the toys that our parents spent most of the night assembling, we were interested in the glass ornaments on the tree. My brother climbed on top of the table and starting dropping them as I yelled "Do it again!"

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth? Is there something I should know????

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
NEVER! There would be nothing to look forward to on Christmas Day!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights, ornaments etc. I do collect the Hallmark Spotlight on Snoopy series, so every year I get a new Snoopy. This year it's Snoopy as an astronaut.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I live in Lake Effect Snow Central...what do you think????

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, I used to take lessons for many years. I could do some of the fancy stuff like jumps and spins. I stopped once I started college. Now, I would probably end up in the ER with a broken bone or something.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The promise ring Husband gave at our first Christmas when we were dating.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with those whom you care for the most.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Any and all. Bring it on!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Husband and I love going out and cutting our own tree. We take the Boy and go for a long hike through one of the local farms in Lake Effect Snow Central and look for the perfect tree.

17. What tops your tree?
A star with lights.

18. What are your favorite Christmas songs?
I just made a Christmas CD, which I will share with you later. But, I love Happy Xmas by John Lennon and Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong CD. I also love Silent Night sung by the Temptations. I bought my dad that record when I was little. It was his favorite. Husband loves Father Christmas by the Kinks.

19. Real tree or artificial?
Real. We grew up in a town where Christmas tree growing is huge and we are both well schooled in picking out trees. Don't worry though. After the holiday, Husband cuts the tree and we place it in the wooded lot behind our house so that the rabbits and other critters have shelter for the harsh winters and so that it can be absorbed back into the soil.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yum?
Yumo!!!!! Even the Boy gets a rawhide version of a candy cane!

0 comments:

Subscribe