The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Once Again, You Are Just Too Loud

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Yesterday, Rented Life and I got together to exchange bloggy gifts. We had a wonderful time drinking coffee at this little mom and pop diner. We were laughing, cutting up and just having fun with our gifts when suddenly a woman walks up to our table.

BAM, BAM BAM, was the sound she made as her hand slapped our table and she yelled something unintelligible at us. Then, she went back to her booth located just a few spots behind us.

WTF???

My guess is that we were a tad bit loud. OK, maybe so. But, what the hell? Seems to me that the classy thing to do is to walk up to our table and say "Excuse me, but would you mind toning it down a little?"

I have to admit, her behavior made us laugh more than anything else. Sure, we did tone it down, but I think the woman looked more ridiculous than anything else.

Anyway, I love my bloggy gift. It is very appropriate for me. In fact, I am going to hang it up in my office. Of course, I will have to check with office mate to make sure she is cool with it.

Oh, and to my other bloggy gift exchangers, I plan on mailing your packages either today or tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

o my gosh, how funny! who *does* that??

rented life said...

It was the weirdest thing. Definitely got our attention. We wanted to go bang on her table, in fact I thought of all kinds of witty things to say but she left before we did. Seriously, it's a public place, it's a restaurant and if you want quiet, stay home!

Prisca said...

How absolutely bizarre. Where on earth were you eating? I suppose you can't say, but I'm dying to know!

dr four eyes said...

OMG! That is insane!

Anonymous said...

seriously. sounds like she was being a bit too loud.

Subscribe