The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband and I were up at 7:30 this morning because the Boy did not adjust his morning wake up routine to reflect the end of Daylight Savings Time. I guess the Boy didn't get the memo.

It's all good though, we had a nice morning of reading the paper and drinking coffee. We watched the first hour of documentary about the Who that was on VH1 last night. I taped it while we watched a movie with our guests. I have one of those VCR-DVD combos which allowed me to tape the show while we watched the DVD. Husband, the ultimate Who fan, was in his glory because there was footage he had never seen.

Dinner last night was great. We had Shrimp Jambalaya with a green salad. Everyone helped cook, including the Boy whose job was to get anything that would hit the floor. I did get a little sick because I did not eat much yesterday. I was so worried that I might have poisoned my guests. But, they seemed to enjoy the meal. In fact, my friend's hubby didn't hesitate for seconds. Our friends brought a peanut butter and chocolate dessert which was just yummo! I heart our friends. They are just great down to earth people and so much fun to hang out with.

Toady, I will do some grading. I only brought one class of work to do. I am trying to get away from the "all or nothing" mentality when it comes to grading. I would just feel this need to get everything done at the expense of my own fun and sanity. The end result is that I am grouchy and bitchy at the fact that I wasted a weekend. So, I will work on one CT class today and watch some football. Local team is playing today, but I really want to see Indy put New England away.

Well, Husband and the Boy are back from their tour of the neighborhood and the Boy is trying to tell me about his adventure, so I must turn my attention to him!

Oh, and I almost forgot. My pedi was just heavenly. My feet are very happy and my toes are pained a very dark Merlot. The girl that did my pedi even let me keep the polish!

0 comments:

Subscribe