The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Walking Wounded

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am not sure whether the emphasis should be on walking or wounded!

My back spasms worsened as yesterday progressed. At one point, I could not feel my left arm or stand up straight. I trying to contact my chiropractor freind, but I couldn't reach her. So, I called my doctor, who is a D.O. and can do spinal manipulation. She couldn't see me, but one her colleagues had an opening, so I saw him. After 20 minutes of twisting, popping and getting the snot beat out of me, I was able to walk out of the office upright.

I am still sore and tender today. I only had one class this morning and we spent the time just shooting the shit. I let them talk about whatever was on their minds. They seemed to enjoy the freedom to just talk. So, we discussed current events and how the semester is treating them. Since they are freshman, I wanted to get a handle on how things are going. It seems balancing schoolwork and part-time jobs was a big issue for some. Others found the amount of work to be rather daunting. But, it was good for them to get things off their chest.

They did tell me that my class is the only one they truly like. Now, I hope that's true and not sucking up!

Now, I have to put the finishing touches on their research project, which they will receive Friday. Let's see if they still like me.

8 comments:

Prisca said...

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. It sounds horrible. :(

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Glad to hear you're mobile again! I have a lot of spine problems too, so I totally sympathize (though yours sound more severe). I hope you fully recover quickly!

BrightStar (B*) said...

you're experiencing. I'm glad you were able to get some spinal manipulation, too.

BrightStar (B*) said...

The first part of my comment was supposed to say, "I'm sorry to hear about the pain you're experiencing." I don't know what happened with that!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're moving around now!

{{{SS}}}

comebacknikki said...

That last comment was from me. I don't know why in the heck it showed up as anonymous. Wacky blogger.

Abbey said...

Glad you're feeling better too!

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone!!! My bloggy friends are the best!

Subscribe