The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh, My Aching Back!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am in so much pain today.

For many years, I have problems with my thoracic spinal area (upper back and shoulders). It started when I dislocated my right shoulder due to a slip and fall on a patch of ice when I was in college. The shoulder did not heal correctly. Whenever I put too much pressure on it, say like carrying heavy bags on my right side, my right shoulder blade will stick out slightly, resulting in serious pain.

My problems with my back are also a result of the many years of being a student, hunched over books and computers. I am sure many of you can related to that upper back strain!

It hurts to sit, stand or do much of anything. I am popping Tylenol because I am already on an anti-inflamatory for the RA, which helps some. Husband put Bio-Freeze on my back this morning which helps too. I just hope I don't stink up the office to much, I don't want to offend my office mate. My students, on the other hand, will just have to deal!

I can't get in to see my chiropractor for another week of so. I am afraid I may have to use the "I am in SERIOUS pain." coupled with the "Aw, come on and help out a friend" line. My chiropractor and I are good friends, and I don't like to take advantage of our friendship that way.

But, I think this time I may have to break out the trump card.

1 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

You really should break out the good friend card -- a good friend would probably be irritated if you didn't and decided to suffer instead.

Subscribe