The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I found out that I did not have to attend the faculty development meeting today. It is only for full time faculty. Part timers like me get to stay home. Woohoo! I do have to attend the new faculty orientation tomorrow though.

I am really relived that I have today free. I am exhausted, cranky and crampy. I just want a day where I don't have to go anywhere, do anything or think too hard. The heat wave broke and the temps are quite lovely, like mid 70's with a nice breeze.

So, I think I will relax in the backyard with a good book and the Boy. I finished The Closers by Michael Connelly while on vacation. Next in my stack of books is The Memory Keeper's Daughter.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Envy. Deep deep envy. I've not been so much on the commenting as I've been doing a lot of reading @ work and don't really like to comment from my "summer home". I come home and am too fried for much more than L&O reruns.

I just begged for a couple days free before the long weekend as it's my only hope for pulling off a small deck party and I'm going to go bonkers if I don't get a break but soon.

Subscribe