The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Random Bullets of Crapola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • Blogging will be light this week as I am attending a training to become a court appointed mediator. 30 hours of train begin tomorrow and run from 8 AM to 5 PM through Thursday. Thankfully, I will be in air conditioning, because it is supposed to be 90 degrees tomorrow!
  • I have no idea what I am going to wear. Can I be casual (dressy crops, nice top and dressy sandals) or do I have to break out my "big girl" clothes?
  • Husband and I went to the drive-in last night to see Ocean's 13. We took the Boy with us. He munched on popcorn and fell asleep in the back seat!
  • The movie was pretty good. Better than 12 but not as good as 11.
  • The drive-in we went to is closing for good at the end of the summer. Another bit of nostalgia disappears.
  • I applied for two local teaching gigs. Keep your fingers crossed. Light candles, say prayers, send me some of the good stuff!!!
  • The Boy got a bath today. He smells nice...for now.
  • Broccoli is starting to come up in my garden. Yay!!!!
  • My idiot neighbor, whom we like to call Fat Bastard, is playing with his remote control car in the backyard. The sound is annoying. It sounds like a swarm of hornets!
  • Husband wants to go hit golf balls tonight. I want to go, but my sinuses are starting to bug me. It's hard to concentrate when your head feels like a football.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Oooo! That's a great idea, to become a court-appointed mediator! Does it pay well? I can see you being great at that. As far as what to wear, I suggest the nice casual route -- sound like what you suggested will be fine. However, if you're worried about it, you can over dress the first day and then dress down from there depending on the rest of the people in the group.

LOL @ calling the neighbor Fat Bastard. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I had some tools driving a remote-controlled car around a parking lot outside of my place yesterday. It was driving me nuts too. B* can attest to that fact, since I was swearing about them while talking with her.

Oh, and as far as my vote counts, I vote classy cas. as well.

Anonymous said...

keeping lots of happy thoughts your way for the two possible jobs!

Subscribe