The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, June 29, 2007

Blogger Meet-up with Husbands

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Last night, Rented Life and I, along with our husbands, saw Joan Osborne in concert. What a fantastic show! I truly believe that she is one of the most underrated artiest out there. What a voice. And that hair almost makes me want to go back to my curly locks...almost!

Here are some pics



Joan is amazing in concert. In addition to performing "One of Us" and "St. Teresa" (St. Teresa being the final song of the encore set), she performed many of her soul covers from "How Sweet It Is" and "Breakfast in Bed".

As always, I have some interesting thoughts on things that I saw going on around me.

  • To the group of people standing in front of us who talked to each other instead of watching the show, there are plenty of places to chat. The concert was not one of them.
  • Why do people who smoke insist on flicking their cigarettes in the direction of people?
  • To the strange guy standing near Rented Life who was dancing and drooling over Joan Osborne: Yeah, like you would have a chance with her!
  • To the guy who kept yelling "Free Bird": Lay off the ganja!
  • Speaking of pot, what was up with practically EVERYONE getting stoned?
  • To the 6'5" guy who insisted on standing right in front of us: You did that one purpose, didn't you, asshole?
  • I think the guy sitting in the chair next to Husband actually slept through the entire show
  • The poor guy who had is girlfriend on his shoulders for most of the show better know a good chiropractor!
In case you are wondering, the husbands had a great time too. Turns out they have a lot in common from guitars to music to food!

I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm completely obsessed with her version of man in the long black coat. she's way underrated. and st. theresa...what an awesome song that is.

rented life said...

It was a lot of fun, St. Theresa is my fav song. I haven't seen that much pot since the Live concert I went to 8 years ago!

Subscribe