The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Training Day

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I survived my first day of mediation training. Whew! Day one was rather boring in that the facilitator spent a majority of the time discussing theory. Her presentation style was rather disorganized as she fumbled with her transparencies. Two words "Power Point"!

I had to force myself to participate early in the seminar, not because I am one of those people who likes to hear themselves talk, but because I would either fall asleep or escape into fantasy if I don't. Thankfully, toward the end of the day, there was the opportunity to engage in some group discussion which seemed to wake everyone up. We had to come up with a working definition of 'conflict'. I think the best example of what is conflict is trying to get 24 people, 15 who are lawyers, to agree on something!

That's conflict, baby!

Well, one day down and three more to go. The good news is that everyone agreed to order in for lunch, so we will finish around 4:30! Woohoo!!

1 comments:

Prisca said...

I'm so impressed you're doing this training! Good for you. Has it been at all worth it or just another hoop to jump through?

Any news on the job front? I am SOOO crossing my fingers for you.

Subscribe