The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Family Cranks

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Cranks, a B* term, is short for cranky. My entire household has a serious case of it.

I am battling with this personal statement. It is going very slowly. I feel like I am having a tooth extracted. BTW, it is due by the end of the week. Pressure...great. I did spend about two hours today working on my draft, but I don't have much to show for it. I am also sore from my workout yesterday. I started weight training again after nursing a shoulder injury. I also added squats to my weight circuit. OWIEE!!!!!! Oh, and I have PMS.

Husband woke up cranky this morning. I am not sure why. Husband thought he could get rid of his cranks by taking the Boy for a brisk walk. The Boy had other ideas. The Boy barked, tugged and whined the entire time. He also engaged in some trash-barking with Nemie (short for Nemesis), a black Lab who lives across the street. Husband returned even crankier than when he left. He is working on installing a new shower door for our bathroom. I have the my headphones on, but I can hear "FUCK" and it is not coming from anything that I am listening to.

Husband and I tried to take a nap this afternoon, but the Boy just went nuts. God forbid anyone, especially another dog, walks past our house. The Boy goes running from the upstairs bedroom down to the living room. I have hardwood floors, so one just hears his claws scaping the floor. He makes a flying leap onto the couch, so the intruder can see him through my picture window. He does this while barking at about 150 decibels. Needless to say, no one napped.

I think Boy's cranks are really just a case of spring fever. He is never this disobedient or nuts. Right now, he is passed out on the floor next to me in the office. I am afraid to move, because I might wake him up and encounter Hyper-Boy.

I think I want to order take out tonight. I just can't fathom the idea of cooking!

Oh crap...the barking begins again!

4 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Take out sounds like a good treat!

Sometimes we all just need to be cranks.

Karen said...

Hope the take-out cures the cranks for everyone in your house and that the Boy lets you get a good night's rest!

Anonymous said...

yay for take-out food and sorry for the cranks.

Alice said...

Ouch, I think I have "cranks," too, so feeling for you...

Subscribe