The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oh No He Didn't...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

FW submitted a paper filled with plagiarism. But what makes this so frustrating is that when he submitted his rough draft two weeks ago, I marked the sections that were plagiarized. I also had a discussion with him, reiterating what constitutes plagiarism and what he needs to do to fix the problem. I reminded him what the consequences would be for submitting a paper containing plagiarism. You would think after all of that, he would correct the mistakes.

Did I mention that his paper was about ethics in the accounting field?

It's 9:30 AM and already I need a drink.

7 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Sounds to me like it's time for a Bloody Mary.

Ianqui said...

Oh, he's not going to like it when you fail him for the class...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes they just don't learn. I sometimes wonder if students even understand what plagiarism is, but when I carefully explain it to them, ..., they still do it. Let him have it. Maybe THEN he'll learn, once he faces the consequences of his actions.

Prisca said...

It's like he's just begging you (or daring you) to fail him. Why is he such an idiot?

Anonymous said...

never has a student totally lived up to their nickname than your fuckwit.

Anonymous said...

Mimosas! Invented solely for morning drinking!

I like Dr. Brazen's Bloody Mary idea as well....

Leslie M-B said...

I, too, once had a student plagiarize an ethics paper.

That same quarter, I had another student turn in a 100% plagiarized paper for an assignment that required plagiarized fragments.

Clearly, students don't get irony.

Subscribe