The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

For Zoey

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Sadly, GML's dog passed away yesterday. She had a massive tumor. She was only six years old.

There was no warning, no symptoms of a problem. No one could have predicted it.

There was still so much left to enjoy. So many years left...

How do you reconcile that? How do you wrap your mind around it?

Why now?

For GML, Zoey was more than a pet or a friend. She was part of who GML is, someone who gives of herself unselfishly, is always up for a good frolic and displays unquestioned loyalty. For GML, I think she lost a little of herself yesterday.

Many of you know "Rainbow Bridge" which was written to comfort those who have lost a beloved pet. I know deep down that Zoey is there, frolicking in a meadow and swimming in a pond with the sun shinning on her. That thought alone reassures me that all dogs do go to Heaven.

Godspeed, Zoey.

5 comments:

Non Tenured Assistant Professor said...

I am very sorry for your friend's loss. I have a dog and the idea that he will have to go that soon breaks my heart.

I hope she will find comfort in the good memories they shared and the fact Zoey will be always in her heart and looking down for her.

A big hug to you and your friend.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear GML's dog has died. While I do not have a pet, I know the pain that losing one can cause.

I know it hurts to miss her in her arms, Phdladybug is right. Zoey is in her heart.

Prisca said...

What sad news. Losing a pet is horrible no matter how it happens. I'm terribly sorry for GML. It will be a sad holiday season for her. :(

Seeking Solace said...

GML wanted me to say thanks for all your kind thoughts. She is doing better, considering.

Anonymous said...

Godspeed to your GML's friend.

Subscribe