The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, December 11, 2006

One of Those Days

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Only two out of eight students submitted research papers in my Critical Thinking class. FW submitted his, but he added "I don’t think I cited all my sources." Gee, do you think you should have checked that BEFORE you decided to submit the paper?

Student in my Employment Law class is still whining about the oral exam. I think for the first time, he is actually afraid that he may not pass my class. He is also mad because I will not accept an essay he submitted two days late.

We are having a faculty luncheon next week. We had to choose two entries with the top two being selected. The top two are chicken picatta and roast beef. I can't eat the chicken picatta because the restaurant makes it with mushrooms, which I am allergic. I can't pick them out either. And I do not like roast beef. So, I guess I will have to load up on veggie and salad.

My colleagues are not sensitive to the needs of others. One of my colleagues told me to just pick out the mushrooms. GML is a vegetarian and gets a great deal of grief because of it. She is not militant or judgmental about being a vegetarian, but she would like others to consider that there are people who would like a meatless option. Although I am a former vegetarian, I often opt for meatless option. (I think I mentioned before that I had to return to eating some meat after my RA diagnosis, just to get back in balance. I am considering going back o being a veggie.)

Speaking of GML, her pooch is very sick. She may need surgery. GML is really upset. Sending positive thoughts to you and your little girl!

My right shoulder is killing me. I dislocated it several years ago and it did not heal properly. Around this time of year, it is very painful from carrying my shoulder bag and sitting at the computer. I am on the cancellation list with my chiropractor. But it still HURTS. I guess I will have to break out the BioFreeze.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a vegetarian too and often go hungry at work luncheons, weddings etc. with no meatless options. It's astounding the harassment I get for choosing to not eat meat. You don't see me at the table chiding others for eating beef, but people are constantly judging and questioning my aversion to meat.

Sending good thoughts to the doggie!

Anonymous said...

ooh, sorry about the day. at work things and restaurants, i always end up eating salad. i wish people offered more options. and weren't so dense! picking out the mushrooms? please...

k8 said...

It is astounding how insensitive people can be. Food allergies can be deadly. Of course, I feel guilty if I am eating meat around vegetarians and haven't realized it until after I've ordered and noticed that my friends are not doing the same.

Subscribe