The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday Thoughts

Posted by Seeking Solace |

The Boy and I went for a walk this morning. It is still a bit muggy outside. But I kept the paws moving.

On our way out, I say the people across the street from me let their cat roam the neighborhood. I had seen this cat roaming the neighborhood. For the longest time, I did not know whom she belonged to. She was too well fed to be a stray. Not a very smart idea, since there is traffic around and poor kitty could get hurt.

Did anyone see Taylor Hicks on GMA this morning? I really don't like the song "Do I Make You Proud?" It is way too cheesy. It's too bad they cut the song he began to sing at the end. I was getting into it.

Two of my colleagues have resigned their positions and left for greener pastures. So, I guess I am not the only one thinking about changing jobs.

I paid my monthly premium for my malpractice insurance because that divorce case from hell is STILL going on. That's $225.00 that I could have used for something else!

The problem is that there was a mistake in what grounds were granted for the divorce. The court ruled on grounds that were different from the papers I submitted. No one caught it until last Friday when opposing counsel called me at 4 PM to see if it could be fixed that same day. Right, like the court is going to want to deal with that on a Friday at 4PM when it is 90 degrees outside. I did speak to the judge's clerk. I asked her if there was any way the problem could be fixed on paper, like maybe I draft a new summons or draft a motion to vacate the original order. She told me that she would have to speak to the judge since this has never happened before. That was Monday and I have not heard anything since. I really don't care what happens, because my client just wants to be divorced. But I guess her ex does not like the grounds of Cruel and Inhuman Treatment. The thing of it is, I proved those grounds so, if the court decided to stay with those grounds, and I still have a win.

GML and I might do shopping, dinner and drinks today. Yippie!

Husband just called. He got 10th row seats for Sheryl Crow and John Meyer! WOOOHOO!!!!!

1 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I'm happy to see that your week is getting better :) -- have a good weekend.

Subscribe