The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What the Hell is Wrong with You? Part II

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Encounter 1

Student: I don't understand why I am failing the course.
Me: Because you have not submitted any homework assignments. They are worth 30% of your grade.
Student: Well, if I knew that the homework was worth that much, I would have done it.
Me: The grading breakdown is in your syllabus.
Student: I didn't read it. Can I do extra credit?
Me: I do not give extra credit. You should have done the work.
Student: But how am I supposed to pass? Can't you help me out? I mean, did come to class.

Encounter 2

Student: I can't understand why I am failing the class. I did all the homework.
Me: Yes, but you did not complete the homework correctly. You did not explain you answer.
Student: What do I have to explain? You know the answer.

And it is only Tuesday!

3 comments:

betty said...

Oh, man. I feel for you! I would have a hard time holding it together under these circumstances. Especially with student one. Grrrr.

Anonymous said...

how do these f*ckwits think the real world will work? Will they get a do-over on a contract they signed without reading? I DON"T think so.

Arbitrista said...

Kill them. Kill them and scatter the ashes. They must not be allowed to propagate. Thus sayest Publius, Amen.

Subscribe