The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Just Sinful

Posted by Seeking Solace |

After a long week of blistering heat and work, I needed some retail therapy. I finally got paid after not having a paycheck for a month. Just another reason why it sucks to be an adjunct. So, GML and I celebrated our new found wealth with a sinful shopping spree yesterday.

Although we only hit four places, we were dead tired at the end.

First stop was DSW Shoe Warehouse where I found theses.




Next was Banana Republic. Lots of cute stuff, but just too damn expensive.

Next was the Ann Taylor Loft. I think we spent like two hours trying on stuff there. It was so bad that we had to drag ourselves out of there before we did too much damage! Here is a sample of what I bought.

Those shoes will look cute with this skirt!

I also got that tee shirt in bright turquoise.

For some reason, Blogger will not let me upload any more photos I what I do have. Also, there are a couple of items that I do not have photos, but they are just as cute! So if you need items for you summer wardrobe, I strongly recommend hitting the Loft.

After a light lunch break, it was off to the Body Shop, which is always a dangerous place to shop. I need to buy face cleanser. My skin is so oily right now, so I need something to combat breakouts. We also got a makeup consult from the manager, who was just awesome.

At that point we were tired and broke. It was time to go home. But it was a good day!!!

As for today, it is chilly, rainy and 60 degrees. Just a great day to sit back with a t book. I am reading The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls. Great story! I will probably do laundry and then head out to the grocery store. And of course, I have to work out at some point today.

Whew!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Retail Therapy rules!!! Am glad your session was so therapeutic.

Alice said...

Oh, yeah, retail therapy works. Always!

Great choices, too! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember life as an adjunct. The biggest issue for me was that there was no January paycheck, since we were off for a month at Christmas. The December paycheck had to last until the paycheck in February (getting paid end of each month). So, Christmas bills, travel, etc...

Chaser said...

LOVE the shoes.

Deb said...

Cute stuff. I love Ann Taylor Loft--especially the clearance section in the back!

*statgirl* said...

Love the shoes! And you shop at all of my favorite places.....i'm jealous. No shopping for me until after my real new salary starts in the Fall.

Subscribe