The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hot Weather Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks Jo(e)

A meme inspired by an unseasonably hot day yesterday.

How do you cope with hot weather? AC and iced tea! But my AC is not working so just the iced tea!

When does the heat make you most crazy? When it gets really humid either my sinuses or migraines act up. That really sucks!

Your favorite hot weather music? Jimmy Buffett

Where do you go to get air conditioning? Home or the mall.

Your favorite place to sleep in hot weather? My bed, of course.

Your favorite hot weather food? Watermelon, ice cream and barbecue.

Your favorite people to visit in the hot weather? Anyone with a pool!

Your favorite way to wear your hair in the hot weather? When I had my naturally curly hair, I would wear it up with LOTS of anti frizz and conditioner. Otherwise, I would look like Buckwheat. Now that it is straight, I just wear it in a ponytail.

Your favorite hot weather drink? Green iced tea made with my Iced Tea Pot. Also any frozen alcoholic beverage!

Your hot weather story?
#1. We have a neighbor we refer to as Fat Bastard (yes, like in Austin Powers. He really looks like Fat Bastard). Every year, he has his annual Fourth of July barbecue and kareoke party. It's an all day event that lasts until 3 AM, including the shooting of fireworks that land in our yard, obnoxious and loud singing of county kareoke .And every year, the rest of the neighborhood takes turns calling the cops. Husband and I try to come up with ways to seek revenge. We are considering putting dog poop in his pool!

#2. Ever since I was little, I have been afraid of the ice cream man. Rather than tell us that there was no money to buy ice cream from the ice cream man, my aunt used to tell me and my cousins that we could not buy ice cream from the ice cream man because he put LSD in the ice cream! Now when I hear the ice cream man, I want to run and hide!

Is hot weather good for anything? Swimming and basking in the sun with a frozen beverage of your choice!.

4 comments:

jo(e) said...

Well, I always thought there was something a little creepy about the ice cream man ....

Weezy said...

Didn't know you were a parrothead. yeah for Jimmy Buffett!

Pink Cupcake said...

Oooh, green iced tea sounds great. We don't really have iced tea in the UK (except for some ready bottled stuff), how do you make it? I keep reading about it on blogs and think I'm missing out... :)

Abbey said...

I'm glad to see someone other than me has an iced-tea pot. I had to fight for particular christmas gift request to be fulfilled.

Subscribe