The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday Highlights

Posted by Seeking Solace |

This is the first full week of the summer session. I have lots to do today. I need to get my lectures ready. The Survey of Law class is not a problem, but I do have to prep the new Ethics and Law course. I am excited about the first lecture. We will be discussing the duty, or lack thereof, of rescuers.

I still don’t know if my Critical Thinking class is still a go. I told the DI to call me if she decides to can the class. I would hate to do all that work and then have no class to teach. It would not be the worst thing in the world if the course was cancelled. My workday would end at 12:30 in the afternoon. But I am still a little pissed because of the way the DI has been taking classes away from adjuncts.

I spoke to Piglet last night. Piglet is my childhood best friend who lives in Redneckville. She is the personal assistant to a state representative. Her boss is up for re-election this year, so she is very busy at the moment. We chatted for two hours last night. She gave me the 411 on our 20th high school reunion, which is this November. We are both interested to see what happened to some people. We also discussed the idea of a major shopping trip this summer.

Ok, I need to get to work!!!!

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Shelly: My husband's 20th was two years ago and held at the same time, at Thanksgiving. We usually go to visit the family at Thanksgiving too. It actually works better because you don't have to mess with summer vacation plans.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Hubby's 20th is in late July -- the last weekend before he goes to flat state to work and I stay here... it should be fun since we went to high school together, but I could choose about a million better ways to spend that weekend with him.

The class thing sucks -- but that is the way adjuncts are treated everyplace I was an adjunct. The only time I was able to reverse it was when I pointed out that about 40% of the students registered in the class had been in one of my classes the prior semester -- and whoever ended up teaching it should be ready to explain the change -- funny, they found another way to resolve the problem.

Subscribe