The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, February 03, 2006

Wait

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It’s quiet and dreary today in Lake Effect Snow Central. Not much going on for yours truly. I did email my resume to the coordinator of the CJ program expressing my interest in the adjunct faculty position. Accounting Lady called me yesterday to give me the 411 on her meeting regarding the Business and HR programs. She discussed my concerns with the Employment Law course with the HR coordinator. He wants my input on redirecting the course. Cool! I have a lot of ideas and suggestions for that course.

She also told me that I should be a virtual shoe in for teaching CJ courses at my campus. She thinks that the CJ coordinator would be an idiot not to hire me. I have been teaching at my school for 2 ½ years, so I know the students, administration and academic environment. I already teach two law courses. And…hello, I am an attorney who has practiced Criminal Law. I should not be worried.

I am not worried, but I am guarded. I believe that it would be very arrogant of me to think that I am a lock for anything. Nothing is ever a sure thing. It’s not that I don’t believe in myself or my skills, but I just don’t want to celebrate until I have a signed contract in hand.

In the spirit of Bright Star and Kiss My Mike, I think I need some retail therapy Sales tax holiday is almost over, so I want to take advantage of it. Tomorrow, I am getting my color re-touched. And Sunday is the BIG GAME!!!!

Subscribe