The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, February 03, 2006

Shop and Dine

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I just got home from my shopping marathon with Divorce Lady. She decided to play hokey today from work. No worries, she is the boss!

We first did some furniture shopping. Divorce Lady was looking for a comfy chair to fit in her family room. This was no easy task. We found some nice chairs, bit every model was discontinued. And the floor model would not match her décor! Drag!

So we gave up and did some fun shopping. This time of year is kind of funny. Winter stuff is picked over and frankly I am tired of it. But it is still too cold for spring.

So what did I buy?


New running shoes



Top and shirt form Ann Taylor Loft





Absolutely the best face cleanser from the Body Shop



Work out clothes from major retailer, Sorry no picture.

Afterward, we went to Applebee’s for our usual fare; the nachos platter and the appetizer platter. Plus, lots of cold liquid drinks!

It was a good day! I am tired now. Time to kick back with Husband and the Boy.

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I think I commented here yesterday and blogger ate it. Blogger was being a little wench yesterday and ate everyone's posts and comments! Grrr...

Anyhow, I totally love that facial cleanser, too. Good choice.

I'm impressed that you run enough to necessitate new running shoes. :)

Totally cute clothes!!!!

I hate hate hate hate furniture shopping. By the time I get up the gumption to go, I am ready to pick out any random thing, which is not the right attitude in such a situation. Maybe it's easier to help someone else shop for their furniture.

I dig Applebee's. mmmm... yum! I like their coconut shrimp, their margaritas that get served up in shakers, the riblet basket... oh, my! I'm hungry now!

Seeking Solace said...

The face cleanser is the best I have ever used. Have your tried the face mist? Awesome! The Body Shop is having a sale next Thursday in honor of the new Strawberry line. It smells really good. Like a strawberry daiquiri

My old running shoes were a year old. It was about time.

Divorce Lady and I always get the appetizer platter and the nachos. It's a whole meal!

What the hell was up with blogger yesterday??? Seams like it had PMS or something.

BrightStar (B*) said...

holy crap, a sale on Thursday at The Body Shop?!?! That's one of my FAVORITE SHOPS! Well, I don't get on the airplane to see Sheepish... I mean, to see TheBoyfriend... until Friday, so perhaps a trip to the mall is necessary on Thursday? Strawberry Daquiri?!?! YUM!!!!

Blogger totally irritated me yesterday. I had that long, juicy post to put up about some dude hitting on me. You have to know that getting attention like that is always a frickin' Important Event, even if I didn't like the boy.

Subscribe