The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mind versus Mattress

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It’s 7 AM
Let’s Get Ready to Rumble!!!!!

The Mattress Today is one of those days where she could just curl up under the covers.
The Mind: No, she has to go to work. She has papers to grade, midterm reports to complete and a class to teach.
The Mattress: But the bed is so comfy. And the Boy is snuggled in with her.
The Mind: Today is a short day. She is done at 12:30. She can come home and take a nap.
The Mattress: She will be wide awake by then. Plus I heard her tell Husband that she will be working on the computer this afternoon. She won't be back until bedtime.
The Mind: Stop your bitching and let her get up. You sound like one of her students. Plus, I smell coffee. Husband just made some.
The Mattress: OK, you win. Same battle tomorrow.

Score: Mind 1, Mattress 0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mattress is much more aggressive than that. It just refuses to let me leave.

Anonymous said...

I go thru that daily, but at 6. And I play the "can I get away with one more hit on the snooze button?" game.

Subscribe