The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Idol Update

Posted by Seeking Solace |

This is for B*, who could not decide whether to watch Idol or something else.

I hope you chose to watch something else, because Idol was lackluster. Was it me or were the ladies sandbagging it tonight? Song choice was a real problem tonight. And even if someone chose the right song, that person left their “A” game back at the hotel!

Is it just me, or does Brenna just annoying? For someone who claims to be a diva, she butchered a diva anthem with her version of “Last Dance”

Paris and Lisa sang songs that were WAY too old for them.

Heather had tough shoes to fill trying to sing Hero. Sadly she was a size to small.

Melissa did a great job with Bonnie Raitt’s “Why Haven’t I Heard from You”.

Katherine could sing the phone book and I would love her voice.

Kimik’s version of Here for the Party was OK.

Kellie is just so sweet. It’s genuine. Plus, she has a nice voice.

Mandisa is great too.

Simon was right about one thing. I liked Ayla’s voice tonight, but I can’t remember what she sang!

Well, that’s the best I can do for an update. In my defense, I was working on midterm grades, and well...

4 comments:

michelle said...

it was a pretty lackluster night for the women.

even my favorites made terrible song choices. i am hoping tonight goes much better.

also hoping that last night was brenna's last night!

BrightStar (B*) said...

thanks, SS! I did watch Idol, and I agree with your reviews. Melissa was way better this week than last week. Some of the song choices were Super Boring.

Professing Mama said...

I thought they were all pretty blah last night,and some were downright bad. I was really disappointed with Paris--I thought she was flat-out bad. Plus,the song was too old for her (same for Lisa).

I thought Ayla sounded better than anybody, but like you said, I can't remember what she sang! In terms of total performance, I thought Kellie was the best. I really like her.

I *really* want Brenna to go home. I hope Paris, Lisa, and Mandisa do a better job next week.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I think people should talk about Idol over on Michelle's forum!

Subscribe