The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday Bullets of Crap-ola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • I got an email from the former Dean, who now works in another part of the college. She had not heard about my termination. She felt really bad about it and apologized on behalf of the college! She said that the students who were lucky to have me as an instructor gained so much from my knowledge and experience. Plus, she offered to be a reference for me. Woohoo! (Take that, evil bitch current Dean!)
  • I have to contact my former employer because I did not receive copies of my student evals from last semester. I am getting my portfolio in order, so I want to have all my ducks in a row.
  • Since I am home, I get to watch Rachel Ray's daytime talk show. I made this. I substituted turkey bacon for regular bacon, because I gave up pork for New Year's. You may want to add a couple of tablespoons of flour to get thick chowder. Very yummy!
  • I spoke to my dear friend Ellen yesterday. Ellen, Husband and I attended the same college. It was so great to get caught up. One of the great quotes from the conversation came from Husband. In describing dealing with those in administration, Husband created the term "Moronic Administrative Fuckwits." Simply brilliant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How validating to get the good feedback and volunteer to provide a rec letter from the former dean. Good for you.

How was that talk show? RR's voice gets on my nerves quite a bit (I should watch her in close captioned), so I wondered about her new show. Does she actually let anyone else talk? ;)

Michelle

Seeking Solace said...

Actually, she does. There are some good segments, other than cooking. Monday had a good one about a make-under where a woman who was about our age was stuck in the 80's big hair and over-done makeup The style person did a great job. RR also has some kid friendly segments too.

Subscribe