The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, January 12, 2007

Sloth=Bliss

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!!!!! I spent a blissful day of shopping and eating. I had a gift card from Ann Taylor Loft that my dear best friend, Piglet, gave me for Christmas. So, I got a pair of ATL's new regular boot cut jeans. Very nice and not too low rise. Perfect for us gals who have hips and a butt, but a small waist. I also got a seafoam green top. (Looks like seafoam green is the hot color this spring). I also did some damage at Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works and the Body Shop. Husband took me for a lovely dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant. It's a little local place that has the best tiraminsu! I had penne with shrimp in a vodka cream sauce! And of course, lots of vine!!!!

Who says you can't engage in pure sloth on your birthday?

6 comments:

Prisca said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me! I miss REAL italian food. :( Sooooo jealous of that.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sorry I missed your birthday, and I'm glad to hear it was good. :) I bought some bootcut cords at ATL over the break, and I absolutely love them, although I confess I'm not one of those gals with a small waist! ;)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

wow! I am so jealous of your perfect birthday celebration! Glad you had a good one and got to be spoiled!

Unknown said...

I totally have that problem with jeans! So, I always wear a belt, but it's not comfy. I tried taking the waistband in - but they stretch out! Argh!

And, I'm really sorry about the job situation. It's one thing to receive a bad reaction from a student when you report them for plagiarism - it's a whole other thing to get a bad reaction from the institution!

I found several plagiarism cases this semester, and reported them all to the prof (I was the TA) and she insisted they didn't know any better (yeah, right), and let them redo their papers. My having done this caused such rancor between me and the prof - it was annoying! Students need to learn the consequences of their actions. Given how widespread plagiarism is becoming (I think the more and more we are inundated with information, and the easier others' words are to access), perhaps students need more education on plagiarism and how to avoid it,and perhaps profs need more options for dealing with it (and more guidelines!). But, I still think there should be consequences.

All of that is to say, I'm really sorry.

RageyOne said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me! I love Ann Taylor Loft! Sounds like a good find there.

Alice said...

So glad you had a great time! Ooooh, tiramisu -- my favorite dessert.

Subscribe